Achtung ! : This is not the official review of the movie Omkara .. just some reasons why I think you should watch it.
I'd never thought of Ajay Devgan to be a method actor. I'd liked him in "Company" but I never really admired his acting skills. Ok, for the record, I don't really watch a lot of hindi movies but do catch the popular ones on and off. Coming back to Devgan ... the only picture I had of him before playing "Omi bhaiyya" is the one from Vijaypath. With his legs balanced on two bikes .. trying to look cool in those tacky shades. Never would have imagined that he could play a character like the one in Omkara with such finesse.
Saif Ali Khan playing "Langda Tyaagi" aka Iswar Bhaiyya - what do I say about this guy. What a stark contrast to the lovey-dovey-chocolate-boy-comedy hero that he usually plays ! I don't know whether it was the constant swearing or the way he plots his revenge against Omkara that made me like his character the most !
The language and the music of the film is truly unique for our times. Haven't read Othello but I'm pretty sure it might not be as entertaining as Omkara.
From "Beedi" to "Namak", with Bipasha Basu strutting her stuff (she was just used as a glam doll, I think, or atleast the film demanded that of her) to "Laakad" and "O Saathi Re", Vishal Bharadwaj, the director cum music director of this movie, has done complete justice to the lyrics of Gulzar saab. Just to sample some "laakad jal ke koyla hoy jaaye .. khaak .. jiya jale toh kuch na hoi re .. naa dhua na raakh ... jiya na jalaiyyo re ...hai .. jiya na lagaiyyo re".
The flow of the movie is simply too good with no part being too long or too short. The songs are perfectly placed and the background score is simply superb ! No wonder I play the songs over and over again while travelling or whilst doing my daily chores ! Have watched the movie seven times already and I don't intend to stop ! Haven't watched it yet ?! I highly recommed you do, trust me !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment